The M580 is about the size of a few CD’s stacked up. It contains only one small fan and is extremely quiet. Perfect for a bedroom, tour bus, or dressing room, where space is at a premium.
Best computer for recording music at home
The Worlds best Computers for Music Production
Computers come in all shapes and sizes. But what is the best computer for you? You might only record a few tracks or need something small. Slick Audio has a computer for that, our microcomputers are what you need to put together a great studio for music creation.
The M580 … our smallest, quietest DAW Computer with 8th gen processors!
The M580 is about the size of a few CD’s stacked up (4″x4″). It contains only one small fan and is extremely quiet. Perfect for a bedroom, tour bus, or dressing room, where space is at a premium. There are no expansion slots on this because of its size, but, it kicks one heck of a punch for a box this small. It comes standard with an Intel i5 processor, 16GB of RAM, and a 500GB M.2 SSD. It also has built-in Thunderbolt 3, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Intel Iris Plus 655 Graphics, as well as Ethernet and HDMI video outs. The M580 also has two USB 3.0, two USB 3.1 Gen 2 and an SDXC card slot.
All computers come with system recovery software and a USB recovery stick for fast factory recovery. You can then add an external USB hard drive and use it as a backup to image your entire computer!
• Intel® Core™ i5-8259U processor (2.3 GHz – 3.8 GHz, Quad-Core,6 MB Cache, 28W TDP)
• Optional Intel® Core™ i7-8559U processor (2.7 GHz – 4.5 GHz, Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, 28W TDP)
• Iris® Plus Graphics 655
• HDMI* 2.0a port with 4K at 60 Hz
• USB Type-C port with DisplayPort* 1.2
• Two DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets (up to 32 GB, 2400 MHz), 1.2V
• Micro SDXC slot with UHS-I support on the side
• One M.2 connector supporting 22×42 or 22×80 M.2 SSD
• One SATA3 port for connection to 2.5″ HDD or SSD (up to 9.5 mm thickness)
• Intel® Gigabit LAN
• Thunderbolt™ 3 with data transfer up to 40 Gbps
• Four USB 3.1 ports (two back panel ports and two front ports including one charging port)
• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 (802.11ac), 2×2, up to 1.73 Gbps
• Dual Mode Bluetooth® 5.0
• Up to 7.1 surround audio via HDMI*
• Headphone/microphone jack on the front panel
• Dual-array microphones on the front panel
Mechanical Chassis Size
• 4.60″ x 4.40″ x 2.01″
• 117 mm x 112 mm x 51 mm
*Specifications subject to change
|Dimensions||18 × 12 × 10 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.